If you are in need of PT services in the Quincy, Massachusetts area, then the team here at Quincy Physical Therapy is here for you! No matter whether you’re recovering from surgery, or treating a chronic issue such as tendonitis or neck and back pain, we put your needs first. However, here’s our list of ten things that you may not have realized about physical therapy, physical therapists, and the profession:
(1) October is National Physical Therapy Month and celebrates all the
hard work that physical therapists do to improve the health our nation’s
(2) Physical Therapists do not only perform their work in clinics or private practices. Physical therapists can work in settings such as hospitals, schools, and nursing homes as well!
(3) There are over 200,000 physical therapists in the United States. (via www.apta.org)
(4) Your Physical Therapist can treat you for vertigo. (via moveforwardpt.com)
(5) Yes, physical therapy can be as (or more!) effective than surgery to address a variety of conditions. One example: What happens to patients when we do not repair their cuff tears?
(6) PTs formed their first professional association in 1921, known as the American Women’s Physical Therapeutic Association. (via www.apta.org)
(7) What is a classic piece of equipment that your parents may have in their basement that is also widely used in physical therapy and rehab center across the US? The NordicTrack Classic Pro Skier. (via guidedoc.com)
(8) The ‘massaging’ of a muscle by a physical therapist will aid in your recovery, but more of the exercise and active interventions will bring you long term results.
(9) There are different types of physical therapy, which are: orthopedic, post-operative, cardiovascular, neurologic rehabilitation, or pulmonary rehab.
(10) Yes, many physical therapists hold doctorate degrees and have gone to school for many years!